BMW of North America
- The warranty on any part installed after 24 months from the “In Service Date” will carry a two year warranty.
- If its installed before the 24 month cutoff then it will expire when the original Warranty runs out.
- For example: A part installed at 47 months of vehicle ownership would be covered up until 71 months of vehicle ownership , or almost 6 years.
- This applies for accessories that were installed at the time of delivery and have since failed as well.
- This also applies to maintenance parts , as long as they are defective.
- Most vehicles have the majority of warranty repairs done after 24 months of ownership and all of these replaced parts are covered after the original New Car Warranty has expired.
- Any over the counter part that fails will have parts and labor covered provided the vehicle is towed or driven to your Center with the part still installed. Any labor to diagnose will also be covered.
- All applicable TC rules apply in these cases.
warrants the Original new and re-manufactured parts
it sells against defects in materials or workmanship for a period of 24
months commencing on the date of sale or installation by an authorized BMW
passenger car center or authorized BMW light truck center.
Original BMW accessories
that are installed in or on the vehicle such as front
and rear spoilers, alarms, sun/wind deflectors and cassette holders will carry
the new vehicle warranty if they were installed prior to delivery to the client. If
the installation is made after the retail sale of the vehicle, the accessory will be
warranted for the balance of the new vehicle warranty period, or two years from its
date of installation, whichever is greater. If the New Vehicle Warranty is in effect at
the time of replacement, the claim should be submitted under the New Vehicle
All over the counter/center installed parts which fail during the applicable warranty
period (see Original Parts and Accessories
, WPPM-3) must be verified as defective by
a qualified service department employee and documented on a repair order. If the
sale/installation is made after the retail sale of the vehicle, the part will be warranted
for the balance of the new vehicle warranty period, or two years from its date of
installation, whichever is greater.
Prior to repair, certain automatic transmissions and electronic component
repairs/replacements require PuMA repair process authorization (Teile-Clearing).
If installation in the vehicle is required to determine that a defect exists (or the client
simply returns the vehicle in which the defective part was installed), then the labor to
diagnose the failure as well as to repair or replace the failed part is covered for
parts sold over the counter and parts installed by an authorized BMW
For details on the Parts Warranty click here